Saturday 26 January 2013

One Year Post pt. 2

I never wanted to live in New York. I don't get to see my nephew grow up, I'm missing out on family parties, I don't have the convenience of my car,  I have to adapt to seasons, and I can't casually get some In-N-Out or carne asada fries.

Why would I want to be pulled away from the comfort of California, my family, my friends, my home?  In this year, I've realized that the location of home is arbitrary.  Home becomes where your spouse is, because your spouse becomes your home.  You two become one flesh, a new family, and all the familiar things you leave behind are necessary costs for the sake of beginning a new life with your husband. So while I sometimes long to be back on the west coast, we cling to knowing that God has a plan to grow us and use us, whether here or there. - Melody

Ica Images

No comments:

Post a Comment